- Overview Nairobi-based, with occasional national and international travels for meetings, team activities, and conferences;
- Ability to work remotely – but we offer co-working space options;
- Possibility for employee stock options after contract switch into full-time;
- Strong full-stack experience with knowledge of product development and management who will help Mast scale its business intelligence and technology offering.
Socio-economic affairs and understanding of state of the art in business intelligence and data markets.
- Adaptability (Important)
- Attention To Detail (Necessary)
- Communication and Collaboration (Very important)
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving (Necessary)
- Digital Literacy (Necessary)
- Insight (Very important)
- Learning Ability (Necessary)
- Problem Solving (Very important)
- Strong training background : Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence;
- Experience as a full-stack developer;
- Experience building digital products from A to Z, especially digital platform, business intelligence tools, analytics;
- 1 year of full-stack experience working in technology startups or in a technical role in corporations;
- Experience engaging with users and customers to learn about strengths flows, and ideas about the product being developed/sold;
- Understanding of the SaaS and data distribution industry;
- General knowledge of the startup and technology industry.
- Fluent PHP and relational databases.
- Relational databases (PostgreSQL);
- Experience in Application Programming Interface (API) design, development, and documentation;
- AWS API and AWS Suite;
- Node.js, Express.js.
- Artificial Intelligence, automation, and algorithms;
- Crawlers, scrapers, and advanced data cleaning and segmentation.
- Design and oversee the construction of Mast technology suite with an eye at data and financial scalability.
- Develop product roadmap work alongside technical and non-technical team to design and develop the product roadmap, including factoring in the additional budget for more resources and team members.
- Design and oversee customer and persona research by preparing surveys and collecting direct data from the public and analytics tools;
- Understand customer needs and devise solutions to respond appropriately.
- Analyze market trends and product specifications and discuss possible future products with the team;
- Assess costs, timeframes, and feasibility of the development of new features.
- Design, plan, and oversee projects alongside the programming team – internal and subcontractors – and the development of Mast internal and client-facing software;
- Implementation needs to meet client requirements and expectations; this includes training to learn how to use or navigate the product every time updates are implemented.
- Support the team’s growth by contributing to the development of a pipeline for new technical roles based on the company needs.
- Design bespoke projects when including technical side such as the development of charts, graphs, landing pages.
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant experience : 1 year
Required languages : English, Swahili (Spoken : fluent Written : fluent)
To apply for this job please visit ablepursuit.com.